OPERA ACADEMY OF THE POLISH NATIONAL OPERA
A FUTURE-ORIENTED CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FOR YOUNG OPERA TALENTS
The programme has been in place at the Polish National Opera since 2011, offering exceptionally talented young singers and pianists opportunities for further development and training under excellent international teachers and opera artists: singers, stage directors, répétiteurs, and language coaches.
Regular teaching staff includes Izabella Kłosińska, Olga Pasichnyk, Eytan Pessen, and Matthias Rexroth. Visiting professors include Ewa Podleś, Anita Garanča, Jerzy Marchwiński, Dale Fundling, Andrzej Dobber, Dmitry Vdovin, David Pountney, Brenda Hurley, Hedwig Fassbender, René Massis, Neil Shicoff, Sergei Leiferkus, Helmut Deutsch, Mariusz Kwiecień, Lech Napierała, and Tomasz Konieczny.
OPERA ACADEMY MEMBERS ARE OFFERED:
- regular workshops and masterclasses,
- individual singing, acting and language coaching sessions,
- ongoing professional support,
- international networking opportunities,
- chances to perform in Opera Academy concerts at the Polish National Opera and other venues in Poland and abroad
- chances to perform in Opera Academy productions (A Miracle, or Cracovians and Highlaners, About the Kingdom of Day and Night and Magic Instruments),
- opportunities to be cast in Polish National Opera’s shows.
Thanks to the Polish National Opera’s membership in European Network of Opera Academies, or ENOA, an EU project bringing together thirteen culture institutions from ten countries, selected Opera Academy workshops are held under the Network’s auspices, while the Academy sponsors its members’ participation in workshops held by other ENOA institutions.
Former Academy members have enjoyed success on such European stages as the Teatr Wielki in Warsaw, Opernhaus Zürich, the Bolshoi in Moscow, Royal Opera House in London, Oper Frankfurt, Staatsoper Stuttgart, Komische Oper Berlin, and Opéra National de Paris.