We are very happy that we are able to welcome you to the Teatr Wielki, Warsaw after more than six months of a hiatus. We have used the time to get ready to reopen the opera house in the new circumstances and make you feel safe at our house. Here is an overview of the safety measures put in place at the theatre for the safety and comfort of our audience, artists and staff in the 2020/21 season.
To make your visit as comfortable as possible:
- 100% fresh, filtered air form the outdoors is delivered non-stop to the auditorium, foyer and front of house spaces. The cleanliness of the filters is monitored continually.
- Seating is limited to 50% capacity and arranged in a chequerboard-like pattern, leaving every other seat in the auditorium empty. Empty seats are secured with special tape. (Click to see the current seating plans of the Moniuszko Auditorium and Młynarski Hall.)
- Holders of opera, ballet and concert tickets may submit their health declarations online not earlier than 48 hours before the curtain-up. You may also complete the health declaration form in hardcopy and return it to one of the drop boxes set up by the ticket check.
- Audience members attending educational events, workshops, or exhibitions must complete their health declarations in hardcopy and return them to one of the drop boxes set up by the ticket check.
- The front of house is disinfected frequently. All doorhandles and handrails are regularly cleaned with antiviral agents.
- A PPE vending machine selling single and multiple use masks, gloves and disinfectant has been placed in the Box Office lobby.
- Apart from standard hygiene products, all toilets for the visitors are fitted with elbow-press hand sanitiser dispensers.
We kindly ask you to:
- Arrive early, preferably 45 minutes before the curtain-up.
- Have your face mask or shield with you: you must cover your mouth and nose at all times while at the theatre.
- Sanitise your hands after entering the building: you will find a contactless sanitiser dispenser in the Box Office lobby.
- Practice social distancing: keep space of at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Take the seat displayed on your ticket.
- Follow The SARS-CoV-2 Safety Measures for Audience Members in place at the Polish National Opera, Teatr Wielki, Warsaw.