Dear Audience Members,
The Covid-19 situation in Poland is still extremely difficult. The Polish government has decided to extend the restrictions in place until 18 April, which means no cultural events can be held in front of a live audience until that time.
As a result, we have cancelled the following performances:
· Werther (9 and 11 April)
· Premiere Prelude: Paul Hindemith (22 April)
and educational events:
· Family Fun at the Wielki (10 April)
· Musical Matinees (11 and 18 April)
· Opera Lesson (14 April)
· Opera University for Children (17 April)
· Opera University for Adults (17 April)
Although we cannot welcome you to the opera house, you keep visiting our online platforms: teatrwielki.pl, vod.teatrwielki.pl, and our pages on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. Most recently, we have premiered the latest edition of Creations 13 (27 March), the choreographic workshop of the Polish National Ballet, and Piotr Beczała’s concert (5 April).
The events were viewed over 20,000 times in total! Thank you for being with us!
Piotra Beczała’s concert is available on vod.teatrwielki.pl until 7 p.m. CET on 7 April.
We are closely following the lockdown announcements. We still hope that the premiere of Mariusz Treliński’s production of Paul Hindemith’s opera Cardillac under Tim Murray scheduled on 23 April will take place as planned.
In the meantime, on 12 April at 7 p.m. CET we will broadcast Sinfonia Varsovia’s brithday concert under Marek Janowski as the staple of the Warsaw music scene turns 37. Normally held at the Teatr Wielki, the annual birthday concert will be aired on vod.teatrwielki.pl and Sinfonia Varsovia’s YouTube channel.
On 16 April at 7 p.m. CET a recording of Krzysztof Pastor’s choreographic take on Sergei Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet premieres on OperaVision.eu. The performance was filmed on 27 February 2021 in the Teatr Wielki’s Moniuszko Auditorium.
- Refunds on tickets purchased online and paid for using PayU will be credited to the account which was used to make the original payment, which means you do not need to contact us to get the refund. If you would like the refund to be made to a prepaid card, please fill in and submit the prepaid card request form until 9 April. After that date, the refunds will be made successively, within 30 days of the performance date.
- To obtain a refund on tickets purchased at the physical Box Office and paid for in cash or by card, please fill in and submit the ticket refund request form (if you would like the money to be credited to your bank account), or the prepaid card request form (if you would like the refund to be made to a prepaid card). You may also get the refund in person at the Box Office.
- All prepaid cards remain valid until the last event of the 2021/22 season.
- If your have already exchanged a voucher for a ticket for any of the cancelled performances, you will be entitled to swap it for a ticket to any of our performances in the 2021/22 season.
For inquiries, please contact the Ticket Service by phone +48 228265019, +48 22 692 02 08 or +48 692 02 10 (weekdays, 11 a.m.–7 p.m.), or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The box office in the main lobby will be closed from 7 to 18 April.
The Boutique and box office in the opera house’s left wing are open:
7 to 11 April: 12 p.m.–6 p.m.
12–18 April: 11 a.m.–6 p.m.